Wednesday, July 21, 2010

I'll put the kettle on...

I love English people. They just make me exceedingly happy. Actually, I am about 1/4 English myself, which I love. (I'm also German and Irish!)

I was reading the other day about how in an English household, if someone comes home and something bad or upsetting has happened, someone is bound to say, "I"ll put the kettle on," Because it's not a stereotype about the English drinking a lot of tea. They really do. It's something comforting to them, I suppose.

I was thinking about this when I happened to notice a text I had sent myself (Yeah, I do that, if I don't have pen and paper handy) while "cleaning out" my phone. It was a little metaphor I had written about... teacups! It's something very interesting to think about...

"A woman's heart is like a fine china teacup.

Some may consider it useless as it is so easily broken, but its intricacy and delicacy show its worth.

But is IS useless if it just stays on the cupboard shelf locked up for fear of it breaking. It must be used, but wisely and carefully given to someone with gentle hands.

It will never be in more careful and loving hands then the hands of the one who made it.

It is filled with sweetness and warmth, but it's horrible if what's inside gets cold.

And if you look underneath, you will see the seal of its maker.

However, with real china, if it is broken it loses its worth. But with a woman’s heart, God considers every chip and crack precious. And if you give the broken pieces to Him, in his care it will be mended, with no sign of brokenness."


No comments:

Post a Comment