Saturday, June 19, 2010

'Ask and ye shall receive...'

For the past couple of weeks God has been teaching me about love--His love. And every time I think I finally understand it, he shows me something else. He told me, “Often the teaching will end before the lesson is fully understood, but when I teach, I won’t stop until you fully understand.”


I kept thinking, “Yes, I need to get closer, deeper, I need to study more, I need to really understand your love. And God just kept telling me, “Just ask. All you have to do is ask.”


Now, I’m a writer, and I’ve been working on notes for an allegorical fantasy novel. I’ve been working on making a Jesus character, an I’ve been trying to think of a name. In the Chronicles of Narnia, the name Aslan means 'lion' in some language or other. I decided to do kind of the same thing with a different word. I was thinking and thinking, trying to figure out a word to describe Jesus, and it finally came to me: “God is love.”

So I go online to a language translator, and I type in 'love.' There are like 50 languages to choose from. I randomly pick Turkish, out of the 50 languages.

I click ’translate.’

And when I look to see what the Turkish word meaning 'love' is, I find that the word is spelled A-S-K. Ask.


To receive the love of Jesus you don’t have to work or study or make promises. Jesus gives his love freely, he died to give it to you, there’s nothing he wants more then to give it to you. You just have to ask.

No comments:

Post a Comment